Back in the game
Here I am, jumping back into the newsletter game after a long break. I missed sending out my 10-things-I-loved-this-week newsletters because they are so much fun to create. Big shoutout to Austin Kleon, who inspired me back in the day and still produces one of my favorite newsletters to read.
A lot has happened in the months since my last newsletter. I overhauled my website 👀 and am very proud of it. I would not have made it this far without the help of my coach Dan Johnston. Have a look at his YouTube channel "Dreams Around the World." Especially if you are an ENFP, he is the coach for you.
Ten things I'd like to share with you this week
1) This week, I started to live stream again on my YouTube channel and plan to continue streaming regularly from Monday to Thursday, 8 to 10 am CET. I'd be happy to share those productive hours with you. 🙌
2) I was invited to Naomi's That's Deep Podcast. We talked about "How to Harness Your Creativity with Writing." Listen to the interview here.
3) On September 19, my friend Peg Cheng and I will facilitate a Tarot Writing Prompts session.🔮 More info and tickets: here. You can watch our past tarot writing streams here.
4) The Bookworm Podcast is a nonfiction book podcast and perfect to follow along reading. Their booklist is impressive.
5) I have been building a Personal Knowledge Management (PKM) system because it makes fiction and nonfiction writing more fun and less overwhelming. Watch a video of my showcase here, and make sure to subscribe to Nick Milo's Linking Your Thinking-YouTube channel to learn more about PKMs and my new favorite app Obsidian.
6) Read this book if you want easy access to a great knowledge management technique: How to Take Smart Notes by Sönke Ahrens.
7) Did you know that Haunting of Bly Manor was based on The Turn of the Screw and Other Ghost Stories by Henry James? I didn't, but I learned through this video. This fact makes season 2 of this horror show even more awesome. I am reading the book right now and might rewatch the show later.
8) I enjoyed the Netflix show The Chair with Sandra Oh and hope for a second season. The characters are so lovely and fun, and the first season was over way too soon.
9) For all of you who struggle with posting on Social Media, as I do. I got a great tip from my writer colleague Jas. He recommended typefully.app to me, and I have already been using it. Tweet to Twitter without actually having to go on Twitter. Even better than my usual strategy: post and ghost. 😅
10) While on vacation, I read Ray Bradbury's Zen in the Art of Writing. It is just a small booklet, but it holds a lot of wisdom for writers: Work - Relax - Don't think. Work - Relax - Don't think. Work - Relax - Don't think. My new Mantra 😆 Have a great time, and see you in the following newsletter. 🌺 Best, Anja